FILTER BY DATE

• From
    • To

SEARCH TOOLS

34 results for "chat"

Page of 2
  1. Mark Cuban doesn't love the new CBA

Henry Abbott

In a chat with Freakonomics, the owner of the Mavericks addressed all kinds of things. Two, in particular, had to do with the league office. In one he was asked about the state of refereeing. Cuban responded: Trust me, I'm still working hard to h...

Blog | February 07, 2012
  2. Trade deadline: Latest links

Henry Abbott

• We're talking trade deadline all day. Join the Daily Dime Live chat. • Sources: Rockets, Wolves discuss Jonny Flynn deal • Stein: Mavs eye Tayshaun Prince, J.R. Smith, sources say • Hollinger trade grades: Baron Da...

Blog | February 24, 2011
  3. Sheridan on Carmelo Anthony to New York

Henry Abbott

Chris Sheridan just did a chat largely about his recent reporting regarding Carmelo Anthony. Sheridan is adamant that Anthony will not sign an extension with the Nets or Nuggets. Knick fans have been thinking: Well hell, if Anthony insists on pla...

Blog | December 13, 2010
  4. The kid in the front office

Henry Abbott

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News transcribed new Warrior owner Joe Lacob's chat with reporters. It's a good read. Lacob seems to be doing a great job of straddling the line between good old-fashioned, high-testosterone, cage-rattling sports ...

Blog | November 17, 2010
  5. A quick chat with Rich Cho

Henry Abbott

On Monday the Blazers announced Rich Cho, former Thunder assistant general manager, as the team's new general manager. The key part of the hiring process came when Cho flew to Helsinki, Finland to meet owner Paul Allen on his yacht. We spoke by phone...

Blog | July 19, 2010
  6. Wizards looking to move $2.6 million, avoid luxury tax

Henry Abbott

By Chris Sheridan As I mentioned in today's live chat, the Washington Wizards are not done dealing. And their next priority is moving $2.6 million in salary to get below the luxury tax line. For practical purposes, that means they are trying to...

Blog | February 15, 2010
  7. A western conference team executive chats H.O.R.S.E.

Henry Abbott

Last year, for the first time in decades, All-Star Weekend featured H.O.R.S.E., and Kevin Durant defeated O.J. Mayo and Joe Johnson. This year, word is the competitors will be Rajon Rondo, Omri Casspi and Kevin Durant. A team executive is worri...

Blog | February 08, 2010
  8. Between the Lines of a Chat Transcript

Henry Abbott

Posted by Kevin Arnovitz Before writing about basketball, I worked in opinion journalism. The interview subjects you encounter in that world generally make their livings expressing their ideas in words. In many cases, these are people who are paid to...

Blog | June 25, 2009
  9. Put Your Questions to NBA Draft Prospects

Henry Abbott

We're at ESPN Zone in New York City, where several NBA draft prospects will be stopping by. Kevin Arnovitz and I will be asking them all kinds of questions, including yours. The chat, including the place where you should submit your questions, is...

Blog | June 24, 2009
  10. Kyrylo Fesenko vs. a Homicidal Time Traveler/Typo

Henry Abbott

Another good tale of the Jazz rookie, from David Thorpe's ESPN chat yesterday: MC Welk (SLC): Did you hear this quote from Fesenko? "The Timberwolves printed on [Ross Siler's] credential that [he] was there to cover the March 30, 20008 game. Fesenko...

Blog | April 10, 2008
  11. Up Close to a Trade

Henry Abbott

Before just about every NBA game, coaches meet the media for little last-minute chat. I like this a lot, it's a chance for a bunch of people to cram into a small office or hallway together and talk about things that are similar to what the same peopl...

Blog | December 14, 2007
  12. The Needed Next Step

Henry Abbott

Posted by Kelly Dwyer Transparency? All for it. Let us know. Let the league show. Make it so the chat radio gasbags haven't a minute of fodder to waste your time with. If the whole of this nation's sporting fandom thinks that NBA referees are on...

Blog | September 06, 2007
  13. Well, That Was Embarrassing

Henry Abbott

The big old chat encountered some grave internet connectivity problems. Whoa, nellie am I sorry about that. You have no idea how embarrassing it was, too, to have Mike Conley, Jr. helping me try to figure out how we could get online. Then I had to gi...

Blog | June 27, 2007
  14. Do Not Assume Portland Will Take Greg Oden

Henry Abbott

From David Thorpe's ESPN chat this morning: Willie (Portland, OR): David, I think Pritchard will surprise everyone and take Durant? Is this a bad move? David Thorpe: Chad Ford says it is Oden all the way. Personally, I go KD and sleep very eas...

Blog | May 23, 2007
  15. Joey Crawford Suspended Indefinitely!

Henry Abbott

Check out David Stern's chat on ESPN, where he says: "We are not getting any satisfaction out of this. Crawford is always one of our highest rated officials. We just did what we had to do."Memo to league officials: do not mess with Tim Duncan. The Sp...

Blog | April 17, 2007
  16. Gilbert Arenas Chat: Not Going Well

Henry Abbott

It was supposed to start 40 minutes ago. Still no Gilbert. UPDATE: Canceled. UPDATE: Uncanceled, and now over. UPDATE: Apparently, he was late because he was snacking: Travoris (Richmond, VA): What do you do to stay healthy throughout the y...

Blog | January 09, 2007