FILTER BY DATE

• From
    • To

SEARCH TOOLS

69 results for "forum"

Page of 4
  1. Friday Bullets

Henry Abbott

Darius Soriano of Forum Blue and Gold on Derek Fisher: "He became a player that superstars looked to for guidance but role players saw as one of their own. He was part player, part coach. Part clutch performer and part motivational speaker. He was an...

Blog | March 16, 2012
  2. Wednesday Bullets

Henry Abbott

Is crunch time really so damned important? Darius Soriano of Forum Blue and Gold: "After the game, everyone had an opinion on Kobe's ankle injury. Most of the Hornets players (plus coach Monty Williams) said that Kobe really wasn't that hurt, essen...

Blog | April 27, 2011
  3. Wednesday Bullets

Henry Abbott

Will Kendrick Perkins play? By raw plus/minus, Perkins is the best Celtic in the playoffs. Smart thinking about what the Celtics can do differently in Game 7. Darius from Forum Blue and Gold: "Artest consistently forced Pierce to his left hand an...

Blog | June 16, 2010
  4. Tuesday Bullets

Henry Abbott

Darius from Forum Blue and Gold on the mood among Laker fans: "There's an eerie familiarity to what's currently happening in the NBA Finals. Much like the 2008 match up between the Lakers and the Celtics, the Lakers look a bit befuddled on offense w...

Blog | June 15, 2010
  5. The Lakers' offense in crunch time

Henry Abbott

Darius from Forum Blue and Gold carefully reviewed the last several minutes of Game 2, from the point with 5:20 left when Kobe Bryant hit a jump shot to give the Lakers a three-point lead. After making that baseline jumper, Kobe took five shots and ...

Blog | June 08, 2010
  6. Memorial Day Bullets

Henry Abbott

Darius from Forum Blue and Gold introducing some must-watch Celtics vs. Lakers video from the regular season: "Both teams won a game but did so by a single point. Each team won their game on the road. Both games came down to last second shots (one th...

Blog | May 31, 2010
  7. On balls passing behind the backboard

Henry Abbott

By Henry Abbott Kurt from Forum Blue and Gold told me that he thought Kobe Bryant's miraculous circus shot may have, in fact, been illegal. It didn't take a lot of poking around in the rulebook to find ol' rule 8 II b: Any ball that rebounds o...

Blog | November 23, 2009
  8. Blake Griffin Leaps Scorers Tables in a Single Bound

Henry Abbott

Posted by Kevin Arnovitz '07, Meet '09. (Johnny Vy/NBAE via Getty Images) LOS ANGELES -- While the Lakers were commemorating their history Friday night by hosting the Warriors at the hallowed Forum, the Clippers were chris...

Blog | October 10, 2009
  9. The TrueHoop Network Shootaround

Henry Abbott

The Lakers need Lamar Odom as much as Lamar Odom needs the Lakers. Jarrett Jack heads to Toronto, while Eddy Curry remains unmovable. And the big powers in the East make some tweaks to their benches. Kurt Helin of Forum Blue & Gold: "...

Blog | July 20, 2009
  10. The TrueHoop Network Shootaround

Henry Abbott

Matchup problems are a two-way street, you know. For Magic fans, this trip up the mountain feels a whole lot different. And it's time for certain GMs to make some tough decisions about their 2010 free agents. Bill Bridges of Forum Blue &am...

Blog | June 02, 2009
  11. Late Wednesday Mini-Bullets

Henry Abbott

Last night I basically convinced myself that the Lakers have now put the car into "drive" and are on rails to the Finals. Perhaps Houston had beaten them too well in Game 4, and the beast had finally been roused. Kurt from Forum Blue and Go...

Blog | May 13, 2009
  12. The TrueHoop Network Shootaround

Henry Abbott

Can the Lakers do what the Blazers couldn't? Will Jason Kidd turn around his erratic Game 1 performance? What would the NBA look like without guaranteed contracts? Is Ben Gordon a temptation worth passing up? Kurt Helin of Forum Blue & ...

Blog | May 04, 2009
  13. The TrueHoop Network Shootaround

Henry Abbott

Odom and Marbury haters -- you gotta look at the big picture. Tony Parker is picture perfect. The Toronto Raptors? Not a pretty picture. The TrueHoop Network paints the picture. Kurt Helin of Forum Blue & Gold: "So do th...

Blog | March 09, 2009
  14. Stick With the Plan

Henry Abbott

Kurt from Forum Blue and Gold makes a great point, and one that I wholeheartedly believe: Good organizations hone their basketball decisions -- all of them -- to a long-term plan. It's not about getting the best players you can get. It's abou...

Blog | February 17, 2009
  15. The Shootaround

Henry Abbott

Pau Gasol steps up, Elton Brand steps aside, and the Continental Basketball Association steps away. Step inside the TrueHoop Network for more: Kurt Helin of Forum Blue & Gold: "I've said before that I don't think there i...

Blog | February 06, 2009
  16. The Shootaround

Henry Abbott

Unsung heroes in Los Angeles and Denver. Oversung heroes in San Antonio and Detroit. Song lyrics from the TrueHoop Network: Darius Soriano of Forum Blue & Gold: "Over his two stints with the Lakers, Derek Fisher has been one of t...

Blog | January 26, 2009