CONTENT TYPES

FILTER BY DATE

    • From
    • To

SEARCH TOOLS

265 results for "golden boy promotions"

Page of 16
  1. In search of title, Caballero hits the road

    Dan Rafael

    Randy Caballero earned his shot at a world title by going overseas and he'll also have to win it overseas. Caballero (21-0, 13 KOs) will challenge England's Stuart Hall (16-3-2, 7 KOs) for a vacant bantamweight world title at the Salle des etoiles...

    Blog | October 22, 2014
  2. Stiverne-Wilder deal getting closer

    Dan Rafael

    The long slog to make the mandatory fight between heavyweight titleholder Bermane Stiverne and Deontay Wilder is inching closer to the finish line. One of the open issues in making the fight was for Stiverne to come to an agreement with his promot...

    Blog | October 15, 2014
  3. Major shareholders cut ties to Golden Boy Promotions

    Dan Rafael

    Golden Boy Promotions president and co-founder Oscar De La Hoya has bought out the two largest shareholders in the company besides him, at their request.

    Story | Conversation | October 14, 2014
  4. Canelo Alvarez sidelined about six weeks with left ankle injury

    Dan Rafael

    Canelo Alvarez will be sidelined for about six weeks due to a persistent left ankle injury, Golden Boy Promotions announced Monday night.

    Story | Conversation | October 06, 2014
  5. Big opportunity for Abregu, Ali

    Dan Rafael

    The peace accord between Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank has quickly yielded its first fruit -- the first non-purse bid fight the companies have done together since 2011: an interesting welterweight match between 2008 U.S. Olympian Sadam Ali, stil...

    Blog | October 03, 2014
  6. Oscar opens up about Canelo deal

    Dan Rafael

    Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya said the main reason Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez opted to return to HBO when he signed an exclusive multifight agreement with the network last week -- and dumped Showtime, his TV home for t...

    Blog | September 29, 2014
  7. Oscar: No Stiverne-Wilder deal yet

    Dan Rafael

    Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya's message was very clear: Don't believe everything you hear. Contrary to an announcement by the WBC, which said De La Hoya and Don King had reached an agreement for the heavyweight title bout betwee...

    Blog | September 29, 2014
  8. Lawsuit vs. Canelo headed to mediation

    Dan Rafael

    The big news of the week as it relates to Canelo Alvarez and Golden Boy Promotions is that they are headed back to HBO after Alvarez signed a multifight contract this week for the network to once again televise his bouts on both the regular network a...

    Blog | September 24, 2014
  9. Canelo Alvarez is leaving Showtime for multifight deal with HBO

    Dan Rafael

    Canelo Alvarez is leaving Showtime for multifight deal with HBO.

    Story | Conversation | September 23, 2014
  10. Oscar, Arum inch closer to doing business

    Dan Rafael

    LAS VEGAS -- When Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya paid a visit a couple of months ago to the Los Angeles home of Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, it was to put the years of animosity behind them, not to talk any specific business. Aft...

    Blog | September 13, 2014
  11. Santa Cruz, fans deserve bigger fight

    Dan Rafael

    LAS VEGAS -- Junior featherweight titlist Leo Santa Cruz is one of the most fan-friendly fighters in boxing. He throws tons of punches and usually has a smile on his face inside an d outside the ring. The former bantamweight titleholder -- he va...

    Blog | September 10, 2014
  12. Is Jacobs-Quillin on horizon?

    Dan Rafael

    Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya defended Peter Quillin's decision Thursday to dump his middleweight belt and turn down a career-high payday of more than $1.4 million to face mandatory challenger Matt Korobov on Nov. 1. "Peter Quil...

    Blog | September 05, 2014
  13. Canelo Alvarez, former unified junior middleweight titleholder, t...

    Dan Rafael

    Former unified junior middleweight titleholder Canelo Alvarez, the 24-year-old Mexican star, will next fight on Dec. 6, Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya told ESPN.com on Thursday.

    Story | Conversation | September 04, 2014
  14. Canelo headed back to HBO?

    Dan Rafael

    In late 2013, when Richard Schaefer still ran Golden Boy Promotions, he and Canelo Alvarez announced that Alvarez would fight three times on Showtime PPV this year: March 8, July 26 and Nov. 22. Indeed, Alvarez knocked out Alfredo Angulo on March ...

    Blog | August 29, 2014
  15. Bernard Hopkins-Sergey Kovalev bout set for Nov. 8 in Atlantic Ci...

    Dan Rafael

    Bernard Hopkins-Sergey Kovalev will take place Nov. 8 (HBO) at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, co-promoters Main Events and Golden Boy Promotions announced Friday.

    Story | Conversation | August 22, 2014
  16. De La Hoya eyes Garcia-Peterson

    Dan Rafael

    Like most boxing fans, Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya would have preferred to see junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia facing titleholder Lamont Peterson in the main event of last Saturday's Showtime card at the Barclays Center...

    Blog | August 15, 2014