FILTER BY DATE

• From
    • To

SEARCH TOOLS

2503 results for "t"

Page of 156
  1. Predicting the 2013 season: Week 15

David Ubben

Today, we wrap up our series projecting the final records for every team in the Big 12. Here's how I slot Week 15: Texas 31, Baylor 27: Baylor doesn't get its storybook ending for Floyd Case Stadium, but the Longhorns clinch a share of the Big 12 ...

Blog | August 22, 2013
  2. Lunch links: Kingsbury short documentary

David Ubben

Just real smooth. Oklahoma State quarterback Clint Chelf almost quit last year, but teammates' support kept him around, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman. I wouldn't have blamed him if he had. Kliff Kingsbury wants Texas Tech to play without ...

Blog | August 07, 2013
  3. Lunch links: Preseason camps are live

David Ubben

This is amazing, and I hardly even like this band. Mike Gundy talked a bit about his coaches ballot and says he won't favor Big 12 teams. His lawsuit versus a builder who wore an OU sweatshirt will go to a jury. Kliff Kingsbury said he was goin...

Blog | August 05, 2013
  4. Lunch links: Trickett takes the field

David Ubben

I don't know if you know this, but things with fat in them taste way better than things that don't. Clint Trickett finally got his first practice in as a Mountaineer, and Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail wrote about it. USA Today's Pau...

Blog | August 02, 2013
  5. Notes on the Big 12 and the coaches poll

David Ubben

No major surprises in the preseason coaches poll, even though I thought Kansas State or Baylor would sneak in at No. 24 or 25. Personally, I've got Baylor on my preseason top 25, but don't have Kansas State. Sixty-two coaches get votes by a random...

Blog | August 01, 2013
  6. TCU starting tackle Fabuluje quits team

David Ubben

TCU coach Gary Patterson has been concerned about his depth along the offensive line all offseason. On the day TCU was scheduled to open fall practices, another curveball has been thrown his way. TCU offensive lineman Tayo Fabuluje is quitting the t...

Blog | August 01, 2013
  7. Lunch links: Coaching dance moves

David Ubben

It's finally a football month. (That's a thing, right?) After his second (or third) chance, Casey Pachall sounds like a man who "gets it" now, writes Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. I couldn't agree more. Uni Watch's Paul Lukas looks...

Blog | August 01, 2013
  8. Opening camp: Oklahoma Sooners

David Ubben

Oklahoma is one of three Big 12 teams to open up camp today. With grass and sweat officially in the air, you know football isn't far off. Let's take a closer look at the Sooners. Schedule: Oklahoma opens camp later today in preparation for its Aug...

Blog | August 01, 2013
  9. Pachall puts a difficult step behind him

David Ubben

TCU quarterback Casey Pachall told his coach he didn't want to come along to Big 12 Media Days last week. He didn't want to meet with the media for the first time since leaving the team to seek treatment for alcohol addiction last October. Instead...

Blog | August 01, 2013
  10. Lunch links: James Sims' big goals

David Ubben

We don't need no stinking badgers. Kansas running back James Sims wants to rush for 1,500 yards this year. Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal writes about that and his other lofty goals. Don't think there's a quarterback competition at T...

Blog | July 30, 2013
  11. The 2014 Big 12 Recruiting Scorecard: July

David Ubben

Recruiting is a year-round game, and it's time to take our monthly look at how the 2014 recruiting classes are progressing. Getting off to a quick start can get things rolling for any program. Here's how I'd rank the classes thus far. Click on each t...

Blog | July 30, 2013
  12. Under the radar: Baylor

David Ubben

Far too often a player enters the season with a profile that doesn't quite match his worth to the team. In other words, players who are coming in under the radar. We'll start a new series today looking at those guys who should get more respect and...

Blog | July 25, 2013
  13. Bowlsby has ally in Texas' Mack Brown

David Ubben

Bob Bowlsby's delivery isn't flashy, but the content of his opening address at Day 1 of Big 12 media days turned heads across the country. His was one of the sharpest criticisms of the NCAA's enforcement and structure in some time, arguing that the b...

Blog | July 24, 2013
  14. Lunch links: Big 12 media days roundup

David Ubben

Hope you're enjoying our live coverage of media days this morning. We'll be here all afternoon, too. Moral of the story, kids: If you're a college football player and you're robbing someone, don't wear team gear with your number on it. That, or j...

Blog | July 22, 2013
  15. Lunch links: Preseason poll reaction

David Ubben

They don't actually have to squeeze his head to get him to say 'Holy cow', do they? Could Iowa State enclose Jack Trice Stadium in the next five years? Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register explores the possibility. Former Texas running bac...

Blog | July 19, 2013
  16. Links: Why Oklahoma State will/won't win

David Ubben

Good research from Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman, who notes that quiet years for Oklahoma in the preseason All-Big 12 teams have preceded overachieving years. Great to see this: Iowa State running back Shontrelle Johnson has been fully cleared for ...

Blog | July 18, 2013