FILTER BY DATE

• From
    • To

SEARCH TOOLS

2238 results for "t"

Page of 139
  1. Play that changed the Pac-12 race

Ted Miller

Seeing that Oregon, the eventual Pac-12 champion, won the North Division by three games, no single play greatly changed the Ducks' conference trajectory. The same can't be said for South champion Arizona, a team whose impressive late-season run could...

Blog | December 16, 2014
  2. Stacking up Pac-12 for bowl season

Ted Miller

Oregon will get a crack at the national title as the No. 2 seed in the College Football Playoff opposite No. 3 Florida State, the defending national champions. Arizona earned a spot in the Vizio Fiesta Bowl against Boise State, which doesn't sound sc...

Blog | December 08, 2014
  3. Oregon eyeballs playoff, first national title

Ted Miller

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Oregon had a Stanford problem. And then it didn't. It had an Arizona problem. And now it doesn't after stomping the Wildcats 51-13 in the Pac-12 championship game. The Oregon program had a Heisman Trophy problem, but that li...

Blog | December 06, 2014
  4. Year of 'Close' in Pac-12

Ted Miller

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nuclear war, slow dancing and becoming a billionaire. It only gets you wistful in college football. It certainly won't win a championship. And it can make you miserable. This is the "Year of Close" i...

Blog | November 17, 2014
  5. Season will start to take shape Week 12 beginning with Mississipp...

Ted Miller

The weight of the world is on Mississippi State, but the Bulldogs aren't alone. The season will take clearer shape Week 12 after top-ranked MSU visits Alabama.

Story | Conversation | November 14, 2014
  6. Momentum swings to ASU, Oregon

Ted Miller

The math-y folks at ESPN are incredibly helpful and pleasant. It goes without saying they are smart. Certainly smarter than me. But that doesn't stop me from assuming a smug look when they assert sportswriter standbys like "momentum" and "clutch" don...

Blog | November 10, 2014
  7. Utah has no passing fancy

Ted Miller

Utah owns the Pac-12's second-best defense and best special teams. It runs the ball well. A 6-2 record and national ranking also are nice, considering the already bowl-eligible Utes finished with losing marks the previous two seasons. So it wouldn't ...

Blog | November 06, 2014
  8. Mailbag: Howls over SEC conspiracy

Ted Miller

Happy Halloween. I will be Superman this Halloween. Why? I won't have time after work to change into a costume! My wife loves that joke, even after 1,317 tellings! To the notes! But not until one last sentence ends with an exclamation point!...

Blog | October 31, 2014
  9. Top 25 surprises at the college football season's halfway point

Ted Miller

The college football season has had a little bit of everything, and it's only halfway done. We run down the top 25 surprises.

Story | Conversation | October 13, 2014
  10. Pac-12 football isn't excellent, but it's entertaining

Ted Miller

We live in a world that values entertainment over excellence, so why should the Pac-12 cater to a minority who like their football magisterial and coldly dominant? We call those folks snobs. Antiquated snobs at that. The Pac-12 is of the people, wher...

Blog | October 13, 2014
  11. Mailbag: Yes, we're saying there's a chance

Ted Miller

Happy Friday. This weekend can't possibly be as nutty as last weekend ... could it? Follow me on Twitter here. To the notes! Dominic fro Tucson writes: Now that Oregon and UCLA both have one loss. Both teams were projected to play in the ...

Blog | October 10, 2014
  12. What we learned in the Pac-12: Week 5

Ted Miller

Some things we learned about the Pac-12 in Week 5: UCLA and QB Brett Hundley are what we thought they'd be: UCLA answered a variety of questions in its 62-27 win over Arizona State, starting with Hundley's health and continuing with whether this t...

Blog | September 28, 2014
  13. Mailbag: Arizona State-UCLA reaction and East Coast bias

Ted Miller

Happy Friday -- even you, Arizona State. World didn't end Thursday. You can follow me on Twitter here. To the notes. Jockston from SEC country writes: UCLA is good on offense, but it can't play defense, so it can't win a championship because...

Blog | September 26, 2014
  14. Amid tangled feelings, USC to honor Carroll

Ted Miller

Pete Carroll won't be at USC on Saturday when he will be one of 16 former Trojans inducted into the university's Hall of Fame class, but it's not too difficult to wax nostalgic imagining his name again reverberating in the Coliseum where he helped es...

Blog | September 24, 2014
  15. After four weeks, we still know nothing

Ted Miller

The Socratic smugness that enveloped me in the wee hours of Sunday morning was a revelation of sorts, though a recognition of futility isn't terribly comforting. After the tumult of another thrilling weekend, Twitter spun and spun with ostensible ...

Blog | September 22, 2014
  16. Neuheisel, Bruins find a way to slip Texas

Ted Miller

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Without quarterback Brett Hundley, UCLA could not win. It didn't matter that Texas was beaten up and beaten down. It didn't matter that Hundley was just one guy. He was The Guy, the face of the Bruins, the biggest reason some tout...

Blog | September 14, 2014